What Are SEO Keywords?
Your SEO targeting Depends on SEO keywords which are the keywords and phrases in your web content that make it possible for people to find your site via search engines. A website that is well optimized for search engines “speaks the same language” as its potential visitor base with keywords for SEO that help connect searchers to your site. Keywords are one of the main elements of SEO.
Finding Your Best Keywords for SEO
Most beginning search marketers make the same mistakes when it comes to SEO keyword research:
- Targeting keywords that are too popular, meaning they’re way too competitive.
- Only doing SEO keyword research once,
- Not bothering to update and expand their SEO keyword list, or
The Big Question: How Many Keywords Should I Use?
When you begin SEO targeting You may stumble upon comments from SEOs wondering how much on-page keywords to use and how much keyword repetition is needed to help you improve your organic positioning in search. These people are trying to optimize for search engines instead of optimizing for users, this could easily lead to keyword stuffing practices.
Yes, you should use the keyword you are targeting in your page, but focusing on the searchers you are trying to attract to your page Like we do at Vocus Digital Search engine Optimization Tactics. Let me share with you a few rules of thumb when placing them.
- Using the keyword in the URL (e.g., online-petstore.com/parakeets/snacks/gourmet)
- Mention your keyword in the page title: This is what will tell searchers and search engines what your page is about.
- Place it in the main headline: You want your users to find a matching topic between the search snippet and your landing page.
- Don’t forget your meta description: It will not boost your rankings in search, but we are targeting users here and a good description can help your click-through rate.
- Repeat it at least two or three times in the page content: You are still going to use it as part of the content, a reference to the topic (keyword) of your page will make it have more sense.
- Using the keyword as the anchor text in links back to the page from elsewhere on the site
- Implement your keywords in your images: Make sure the ALT text and the filename of your image includes them.
- Don’t go overboard: If you feel you repeated a keyword too many times, you probably have. Read your text and remove the ones you don’t need.