Table of Contents
Is There a Difference between Web Design and Web Development?
Many people confuse web design and web development as they consider them one thing, but this is not true as there is a big difference between the two processes as each has a completely different role from the other because if you want to create a website you need a web designer and web developer.
It is a process that includes some steps that end with having a published website on the Internet; and the work of the web developer begins with determining the purpose of the site and its design and then planning; adding all the content to be included within the website, creating the site and testing its readiness.
This comes after uploading the website to the server, starting its marketing process; and monitoring all the problems that appear during the work of the site.
The Web Development Process is Divided into Two Parts:
- Front-end development
- Back-end development
Several programming languages are used in creating the backend of the web, such as Java, SQL, Python, PHP, C ++, and C; and unlike the front-end tools, programming languages are not stable for back-end development; the organization may change its backend tools over time.
It is possible to use front-end development only in small projects; on the contrary, in large projects, there is a need to develop the backend; where the backend developer deals with the more complex programming on web pages.
It defines how the site will operate and how to use it for customers; and this may involve connecting to a database or creating features; such as E-commerce shopping carts in e-commerce projects that relate to online payment processors.
What are the Tools and Needs of a Web Developer?
- Build a website user interface using HTML, CSS, and JS programming languages.
- Front end-setting that can be loaded quickly on any browser.
- Front end-setting that preserves dynamic content from the background.
- Dealing with the main target and database site.
- There is clear communication between back-end and front-end developers.
- Design the exact form provided by the web designer.
The role of the web designer is to develop the concept and idea of the entire web; as he designs the general look of the web page and develops a plan for the site of each element within the web; he is more like an architect designing a blueprint for our website.
A web designer plays an important role in web development; as it is the person who can make a web page easy to use and attractive to users while emphasizing the necessity and importance of the web interface to make sense.
It is preferred that the web designer have a prior background in how to develop websites and the methods used in this matter; but their most important role is to design a web that is attractive to users.
What are the Tools and Needs of a Web Designer?
- Uses tools like Adobe Photoshop, Framer, or Sketch to design the website layout.
- Must possess good graphic and logo design skills.
- Know how to design a website with a rich user interface with less complexity.
- Needs to design the right whole so all website elements like images, buttons, and other general formatting will fit.
- The web designer needs to update the website layout according to the market trend and introduce new features on the website.
- Knowing the right color and font format for your website.
- Knowledgeable in SEO; to be able to design a site that can rank high in the popular search engines.
- Logical and balanced layout design.
To have a website in its final, beautiful, and interactive form, that requires a web designer to work on it, and then comes the work of the web developer; because their role is different but complementary, and by performing each of their roles, you reach the final form of the web site.